Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Fresh Start

Lately I've been stuck on the idea of reinventing myself. Or inventing myself. Someone asked me the other day who I was, what I liked to do, and I couldn't give her a real answer. At 28 I no longer know who I am. This was shocking to me.

I feel a little caged-in. I've built this life and it's home here, but it's not home. I'm me, but I've lost myself. For the first time in my life, I don't really see a set path for my future. So I've started writing lists in my head: who I am, what I like to do, where I'm going. Starting this blog is my attempt at figuring it all out and doing it.

I know I'll be pulled in many directions as I write these blogs. As I blog. (I'm still getting used to the language, to the idea of me as a blogger.) I know I'll want to write about life as a stay-at-home-mom, as a student, as an educator, as a writer. Hopefully I won't stray too far afield. Hopefully my posts will be contained in a nice little box - or a big box really. By titling my blog "Today's Adventure," I allow myself the freedom to discuss all the little adventures in my life. And there's bound to be an infinite amount of them.

Here's to reinvention. Here's to opening the door and looking at the world outside. Here's to a fresh start.

No comments:

Post a Comment