Thursday, March 25, 2010

OMFG. HFCS.

I was pretty sure that I didn’t want to know how many of the food items in my house had the dreaded HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP in them.  Because I didn’t want to know.  Normally, when I don’t want to know the answer, I don’t ask the question.  It’s a good way to live.  But lately, my food choices have plagued me.  I eat terribly for the most part – I crave fast food, candy, sweets and carbs.  But for Emma I want the best.  So really I should only put the best into me.  And I buy organic.  A lot.  As much as possible.  I mean, if there’s an organic option, I buy it. 

And after ranting last night about the high amounts of HFCS in school lunch and having a general understanding that HFCS is everywhere and impossible to get away from, plus reading that there are people out there who remove it from their diet completely, I decided that it’s time to ask the question.

March 388So how much HFCS food do I have in my house?  The answer surprised me.  In a good way.  Here it is.  Everything in my house that has HFCS or just plain corn syrup.  Not that much.  And even better, this is all stuff I don’t eat that much.  I’m proud of myself.  Apparently I’m a pretty good shopper.  And we’re healthier for it. 

Now.  If only I could kick that fast food habit.  I’ll keep the candy for now.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment